Friday, April 29, 2011

If we ALL give a little!

I read a a friends post on facebook today and it broke my heart a little. Here is what she wrote:
So~ I just had a strange moment at the local Wal-mart. Walking out there was a lady sitting there asking for money to feed her family. I told her I had no cash and would she like a gallon of milk I just had bought along with a loaf of bread and she told me NO.

I was glad to hear my friend doing such a selfless thing but I was discouraged a little by the person taking advantage of peoples kindness. I have found we can all come up with reasons why we cant help others.
While embarking on this India adventure here are the most common answers or murmurs I have gotten on why people cant or wont help.
1. I can't afford to help
2. Most things like this are scams
3. Someone else is/will help them

Unfourunatly for this friend of mine the person she tried to help was a scam. I hope this doesnt make her think twice before helping someone else. We all can't fix the world alone but together we can make a dent in the problems.

I believe I will get more from the people of India then they will get from me but hopefully I can make a little dent in helping them have some of the things I take for granted everyday. I know everybody has a different way of helping so whatever cause/person/friend you are helping do it with Love and it will all work out. I am so grateful for those who are helping me and those that can't or aren't that is okay. I hope you are helping someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment