Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fourth Day Construction Day




Construction Day!
The first four people in this picture are the people I spend most of my time with. We are broke up into three groups. Our group is called the Cobras. When we go out to do medical, construction or education these are the people I go with. The next person in the picture is Danny he is the one I mentioned in a previous post that is leaving to go on his mission to Delhi. The last person is Kim she is the one over constructions so everyday she does construction. She is amazing because I found it is exhausting to do construction for one day let alone everyday all summer.

Last night I only got 4 maybe 5 hours of sleep but I feel pretty good so I hope that continues. I took a lot of pictures of the colony today. I am so intrigued by the different houses. All of these houses are within two blocks of each other but how different they all are. 
                          They hand wash there clothes and hang them all over there homes to dry.




                  I love the bright colors of some of the homes and places of worship its so beautiful.


                                                   

                                      Here are a couple of businesses
                                          This is a carpenters shop                                               
This store has food and candy
I always catch myself staring as people walk by with objects on there heads from bags of grain, wood, or pots full with water.

Such a variety of animals you can see.
Cows are everywhere.
There are s many stray dogs here
This is the lizard that has been living in our room

Today in Construction we hauled the cement rings for the septic tanks they are building. After we hauled them to the hole we had to lower them in. I felt bad because one of the guys got his finger smashed and needed stitches. I was glad Danny was there to help us translate because that did help us and made the experience even more enjoyable.





Something so simple in the USA was made so hard here. You can't just have a tractor come dig the hole and a cement truck pour the cement. There are large and small things I take for granted everyday.

We went to the store after construction and bought treats. We were all like little kids picking out our treats to buy. In the bus we all exchanged treats!

Playtime was great. I went to dance class for the first time with some of the kids. They are wonderful dancers. I will have to post a video of them.

We had talents in family night tonight.  I taught the kids how to make wallets (Thanks Tabitha for showing me how).  They loved it and each child made two or three. Had a very rough night with Stephen again. He is needing attention or something but he is being very destructive trying to get it. I hope I can figure out a way to reach him....

No comments:

Post a Comment