Saturday, October 25, 2014

Surrogacy take 2! Part one...

The summer of 2011 I went to India. I had always wanted to go and provide service in a foreign country. I had a dear friend who went to India and it seemed like the perfect trip for me. Brandon had some hesitation about me going until we listened to conference in April of 2011 and then we both just knew I was supposed to go.

I needed to go to India. It helped me find me. It helped me to learn who I wanted to be. This I think was a blessing for me and for my family.

While I was in India I started having thoughts about surrogacy again. I tried to push them out but they kept returning. I even argued a little with God saying something to the effect of we tried this is didn't work. I am not really meant to be a surrogate. This was just a path to lead our friends to there daughters Fay and Lilly.

I lost the debate and told Brandon I felt like this was something I needed to do. He was fine with that decision and I started the paperwork. The paperwork is very intensive. You give them your medical history your family's, your personal history and you have evaluations and test. Finally after months of that the matching process begins.

At the end of November we received a profile. The day we read through the profile of our intended parents I was excited, nervous and a little confused. How would I know they were right for us? Should I have a feeling that they are the one or should I know right away if they aren't the right couple. They seemed lovely and we couldn't see a reason not to help them but the deciding factor we felt was she had, had cancer and my mother had, had cancer. Why was this the deciding factor? We hadn't really completely looped our family in on this yet. I knew my mom would have the hardest time with this. I felt like my mom could relate to her situation and this would help ease the idea.

We showed my parents the profile and my kids and we agreed that this was the couple. My mom may have been a little reluctant. Carston's only stipulation was if he got to hold them so we made sure that was in the contract.

Transfer got schedule for March. I am not a patient person so that seemed like such a long time. It ended up being great because we sent weekly emails back and fourth and got to know each other better.

We went to Boston for transfer and I was very nervous to meet our IP's in person for the first time. We arrived at the clinic a little early and found out the location of the transfer was actually to take place somewhere else. We made a mad dash to the new location and showed up a little late, What a great first impression. We meet them and immediately went in for transfer.

We got to spend the next couple days with our IP's and we had brought Teigan and it was wonderful to see them interact with him. We joked over dinner while Nicolina was feeding him that they would have twins.

I had no doubt that the transfer would work so when the blood work confirmed I wasn't surprised just excited. Then we went in for the ultrasound at week 6 to confirm the heartbeat. Again we were not surprised but very excited to tell our IP's that there wasn't one heart beat but two.

When it came time for the gender ultrasound our IP's had planned a trip to Logan. We met in Logan they went to a couple of the kids soccer games and then we headed to Yellowstone. What a great time we had with them. What a connection not only did Brandon and I have but the kids had with them. Tasyon was Christians side kick and Tabitha was Nicolinas.

The ultrasound would reveal they were having one boy and one girl. The expressions on there faces were priceless. We couldn't have been happier for them. That is when we decided to announce to our friends that we had done surrogacy and were pregnant.

To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment