Monday, August 8, 2011

Delhi Day 2

I was so excited about breakfast which is odd for me because I am not a breakfast person.


Taj Mahal here we come. We were going to go to the Taj Mahal for the sunrise but it had rained and was cloudy.

 When we arrived I was in shock, I couldn't believe where I was. As you entered into the grounds of the Taj Mahal everywhere you looked was exquisite.

The Taj Mahal was built by  Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his third wife, Mumtaz Mahal. The Taj Mahal is widely recognized as the jewel of Muslim art in India and one of the universally admired masterpieces of the world's heritage. The construction began around 1632 and was completed around 1653, employing thousands of artisans and craftsmen.
I cant find the words to explain this incredible experience so I am just going to post a lot of pictures. It rained here and it made the experience even more memorable.








                                                                 This guy asked us to take a picture with him and his baby! 
                                                                They make you feel like a celebrity.

 
Playing in the rain in India is so much fun. I took so many pictures and I will treasure them forever.

We left the Taj Mahal sopping wet and went to the Red Fort. Shah Jahan was imprisoned by his son, Aurangzeb, in the fort. It is rumored that Shah Jahan died in Musamman Burj,  a tower with a marble balcony with a view of the Taj Mahal.


                                                                                 This staircase was hard to see and we tried to go up it but the guards said we couldn't.

 



After the Red Fort we went to lunch at another fantastic restaurant.
I loved the doorman's outfit at the restaurant we went to, I just had to get a picture with him.


After lunch we went to a rug store and watch them make rugs by hand. I will never look at hand made rugs the same way again. It takes months for one person to make a little rug and years for the larger ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment