Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thursday Already

Stayed up to late once again but what can I say I am making memorize to last a lifetime. I was excited to go to education today.  Because of my last experience with education I have found a more intense love and appreciation for the tutoring.


Today seemed to go extra well in tutoring. The kids seemed to be reading so much better and the math seemed to go better for the kids and me as well. All the kids seemed to be a little more focused and maybe even trying a little harder. I have also found a way to motivate the kids. Each child is motivated by different things but I think I've got them figured out. Of course I would on the last day I get to tutor them, right?

Each moment today has seemed to be extra special and emotional. We had a water fight with the kids. It started out with water balloons and ended with buckets of water and even some sand... What a blast. I think everyone had a great time and it was a marvelous way to get our attention off of us leaving.

 


Dinner time was especially emotional. I see everyone getting sad and I cant fix it.  I know its just going to get worse tomorrow. We are enjoying every moment we have, but anytime you aren't working or playing you have time to think, which brings the gloom.

Amy taught me how to make memory boxes out of Popsicle sticks so that's what we did for talent class. Its amazing how quickly all those hands can move when they see something they want. It took us a second to get the kids calm enough to show and explain what we were doing. Once we showed them they all went crazy building them. They soon realized they needed help. All I heard for twenty minutes was, "Auntie, Auntie, it's my turn, help me". I was trying to help as fast as I could because each child made me feel like it was urgent I get theirs done immediately. Kala even made one which always makes me smile when she participates.

                                    


For some reason Kala didn't seem as worried about the kids getting to bed on time or us leaving on time which was really nice. Our activity took a long time so even though we should've come back to the hostel we stayed a little longer. I just had to read the kids a couple stories before I left.. I cant believe this was the last time, for this trip, that I would get to lay with them and put them to bed...

Well it is storming outside and we once again stood out and played in the rain. Everyone else is outside still watching the lightning and thunder storm. I watched it from the window while I updated my blog but now I am going to go join the others outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment