Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Halfway mark

Today is Wednesday August 3rd and its medical day. Today Kim had really high blood pressure so she had to stay behind. On our way to the colony we had to drive one of the boys to the hospital because he got hurt last night playing soccer. They are afraid his leg might be fractured.


Medical was a little different today because we had a cobbler come and measure some of the people for shoes. Someone donated enough money to get all the people in the colonies shoes. Most of these people do not have shoes and cant afford shoes. Shoes are essential for these people because of the leprosy and them not being able to feel sores. There is also sanitary reasons that shoes are a good thing. This is something that seems so simple that I take for granted everyday, when I pick a pair of shoes out of the many I own.





There where a couple kids at the colony that were probably age 3 and they were so adorable. They came and danced for us and wanted to give us attention. One of the first men that came to get shoes also was so happy and was dancing for us as well.
He is just so happy and he kept randomly dancing.


                                      

Its like going back in time. I am so glad I don't have to do chores this way.
                                                      
                                                         Hand washing laundry
                                                        
                                                              Washing the dishes outside
                                            
                                       
                                          Pumping water to drink to bath in to do laundry
Random Pictures from today!
I cant put these pictures into words....
We played soccer again today at play time the boys seem to really enjoy it and so do I. I feel bad because a couple of the girls don't come over to playtime which just mind boggles me. The saddest part is one the kids ask why they didn't come.

Everyday I have taken paper over to family time because the boys just really enjoy making the wallets. They each probably have twenty by now. My house mom said they had been making a mess with them. I decided just to bring my journal and camcorder tonight. I let the boys watch the videos I have taken here and from back home. The amazement in there is was great to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment