Thursday, August 4, 2011

Scavenger Hunts

In education today for reading the kids did a  scavenger hunt. It was so much fun watching them run to find the next clue and it was great to see them excited to read. I think that was a great idea for Derek to come up with to make reading fun for the kids. I still found some of the kids are good readers they just get bored. With the ones that struggled I would help them sound out the words but they still had a hard time and just wanted to guess or skip the word.

In math I had a boy that normally really struggles and doesn't want to do his math sheets. I heard he will scribble out the problems so he didn't have to do them. I told him for every three lines he did we would play tick tack toe. He worked so hard and didn't complete the three lines before class was over. I played a couple games really fast with him after the bell.

Play time was great again today the boys call me over for soccer as soon as I get to the play ground. Before I left for play time I went and got a couple of the girls that haven't been coming to play time and asked them to come. They came late but they did come but shortly after they left again. For my personality this is truly frustrating because I am certain there parents paid for them to came and are expecting them to be participating not sleeping or playing on the computer. We have plenty of free time that I feel every opportunity we have to spend time with the children/people of India we should.

Today was talent day so at family time I took over water colors, markers and colored pencils. The kids were ripping everything out of my arms before I ever made it to the hostel.
                                        Even Kala, Danny and the older boys were enjoying painting

                                                The boys love watching the videos on my camcorder.






Came back from playtime to my roommates dancing around. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment