Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Vanakkam

Vanakkam(hello) family & friends. I am getting used to how things work here in India which is good. Monday was education day and we tutored reading and comprehension. Watching and helping these kids is so enjoyable. I still cant help but wish they had all the resources at there finger tips my children have. We didn't get to tutor math today because the kids had testing so we got to help the little kids write there sponsor letters. They were so cute talking about there sponsors but it was hard to keep them focused. Later that night one of the boys asked me to read his sponsor letter and the pride he had in it just radiated from him.

During play time we played soccer. Of course we play with no real goals no socks, no shin guards, no shoes and a partially flat ball. It was still one of the funnest things I have done. The kids were broken up evenly on teams until Danny came to play and then the boys ditched us and went and played on his team. Needles to say we lost but we still had a great time.
                                                 
At Family time Kala put Henna on my foot and hand. She did a great job. I am not sure if the designs have meaning or if they are just for fun.
                                              This was taken while the henna was drying


                                                   This was after it had dried and I piled it off        
After Family time some of us got together and played Ninjas this game was a blast.
Tuesday
Today was construction. I love construction day. Danny came with us again which was great. We finished putting the cement rings into the last two septic tanks
 






We went to the art school which was a phenomenal experience. To watch these people paint some of which don't have any fingers made we just watch in awe. 





After construction we went over to the snake charmer. I was not looking forward to this in the least. They said he had a cobra and two rat snakes.  Everyone was holding the rat snakes so I just had to get my picture with one for my kids. I almost broke out in tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment